After the outbreak of the Coronavirus, an exceptional situation has arisen and this exceptionality certainly applies to (intercontinental) travel. This entails risks and uncertainty for you as a traveler, but also for us as a travel organization. Anyone who books a trip after March 2020 is aware of the risks that exist and knows that free travel is no longer so self-evident. Of course we want to mitigate these risks as much as possible, but within our means. For this reason we apply the following conditions:
If the trip cannot take place, it is of course possible to rebook the trip once or receive a voucher. However, this option only exists if it is not possible. So if it is possible to travel to South Africa, but you want to cancel the trip yourself due to uncertainties or other reasons, we are forced to apply the regular cancellation conditions.
The option to rebook / voucher free of charge applies if the booking meets at least one of the following conditions a week prior to the departure date:
Conditions for rebooking* and/or voucher** (week before departure):
- A red travel advice or quarantine obligation for travel to South Africa issued from your local governemnent (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- There is no possibility to travel to South Africa (for example due to aviation restrictions).
The conditions for rebooking / vouchers do not apply:
- When you decide not to travel to South Africa
- When the governement advice you not to travel South Africa
- Local, restrictive measures apply or are introduced, such as wearing face masks, a curfew or closure of facilities, such as the catering industry
- When a traveler from the travel group cannot (in whole or in part) use the booked stay due to a COVID-19-related reason that lies in the personal risk of the traveler(s). This includes:
- The absence of a statement required by the national/local authority such as a negative COVID-19 PCR test or a health certificate;
- An entry or exit restriction imposed on the affected traveler by a national or local authority.
- For the above and other cancellation reasons, the regular cancellation conditions apply:
A cancellation must be communicated to us by telephone or e-mail ([email protected]). In the event of cancellation, the tenant owes the following to the landlord, depending on the time:
- Cancellation more than 3 months before the start of the rental period: 25% of the rent.
- Between 3 and 2 months before the start of the rental period: 30% of the rent.
- Between 2 and 1 month before the start of the rental period: 50% of the rent.
- Between 1 month and the 7th day before the start of the rental period: 75% of the rent.
- Within 7 days before the start of the rental period: 100% of the rent
If there is at least one of the above conditions, you can rebook the stay free of charge once to the already chosen villa. If this is not available at the time you want to go, we will of course be happy to look for a suitable alternative with you.
If you are not yet able to plan a new date for your stay, you can opt for a voucher. A voucher has the value of the amount already paid. You will receive confirmation of the voucher and its value from us. All vouchers are valid until January 1, 2025.
We fully understand that you may prefer a refund of the amount paid. However, the circumstances are so exceptional that we have opted for an exceptional solution (voucher). Industry association ANVR supports this solution. This solution enables us to keep Homes of Africa running.
Coronavirus? We are ready for you!
We can be reached by email [email protected] or by phone to help you rebook your villa or with questions. We sincerely hope that the above measures will limit the consequences for you as much as possible.
Kind regards on behalf of the entire Homes of Africa team.