Corona Virus South Africa
The coronavirus has been gripping us for a while. That is why we are flexible with existing and new bookings.
New bookings: (from March 1, 2021)
Book a holiday for 2021 carefree with the Homes of Africa Flex Benefits:
- Rebooking free of charge or
- Cancellation free of charge
So if your holiday 2021 (departure before December 31, 2021) cannot continue due to Covid-19, we promise that you will get your money back within 2 weeks. In that case, no voucher will be issued.
The following conditions apply:
- The Money Back Guarantee applies to all new bookings from March 1, 2021 with a departure until December 31, 2021.
- You may cancel the booking because of an orange or red South Africa travel advice issued by the Dutch / Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Money Back Guarantee does not apply:
- When your first booking was made before March 1, 2021 and / or a voucher is already in your possession.
- If local, restrictive measures apply or are introduced, such as wearing mouth masks, a curfew or closing facilities, such as the catering industry.
- The money-back guarantee does not apply if the trip is canceled or because (a traveler from) the travel group cannot / does not want to participate (in whole or in part) in the booked stay due to a COVID-19-related reason that is within the personal risk of the traveler (s). lies. This includes, among other things
- The lack of a statement required by the national / local authority such as a negative COVID-19 PCR test or a health statement;
- Not having a vaccination against COVID-19 while this is mandatory to participate in the trip;
- Quarantine advice or obligation prior to the trip, at the place of destination or upon return;
- An entry or exit restriction imposed on the affected traveler by a national or local authority.
Existing bookings: (before March 1, 2021)
For Homes of Africa bookings made up to March 1, 2021, the options below still remain in effect. And we offer two alternatives for anyone who has made a booking but cannot travel because of a negative travel advice from the local government:
Rebooking or voucher:
For villas already booked, we are more flexible with rebooking the reservation. For this we offer two options:
- Rebooking to new date:
You can change the period in which you want to stay in the booked house free of charge. Pay attention to the availability of the house. If the rental price of the new booking becomes more expensive, the additional price will be for your own costs. If the price of the new booking becomes cheaper, Homes of Africa will refund the difference.
You will receive a new reservation from us after rebooking.
- Rebooking without a new travel date (voucher):
You may not be able or unwilling to set a new date yet. In this case, you will receive a voucher worth the amount already paid from us. The voucher can be used to re-book the previously booked villa, where the arrival date must be no later than january 1st 2025. Due to the duration of the current travel restrictions, we are flexible with the redeemable date of the voucher.
Note: The voucher has the value of the amount already paid. You will receive confirmation from us of the voucher, its value and its validity date.
We understand very well that you may have a preference for a refund of the amount paid. However, the circumstances are so exceptional that we have opted for an exceptional solution (voucher). Industry association ANVR supports this solution. This solution enables us to keep our business running.
We are ready for you!
We can be reached via email [email protected] or by telephone to help you with rebooking or canceling. We sincerely hope that the above measures will minimize the impact on you. It remains for us: pay close attention to yourself and your neighbors. Health is paramount.
Kind regards on behalf of the entire Homes of Africa team.